Website Creation: About Page

In this post, I will detail the creation process of my about page for my website. This is what I wrote for my About Me page which I made in Microsoft Words: 

Hello! My name is Charlie, which means being free. I am most passionate about film, photography, music and sports. Having faced several challenges, I realised that films gave me a sense of purpose and a new perspective on life. Ever since then, it has been my dream to explore the world of cinema and influence others through the art of films.​

Currently, I am studying Media at De Montfort University International College (DMUIC), Leicester. I am excited to continue my journey in the world of films. As an aspiring filmmaker, I have a strong desire to give back to this artform in return for what it gave me. I will continue working hard and learning more about films, with the goal to expressing myself through films in my own way.

To create my About page, I first chose a template. I ended up with a simple template in which there is a short bio on top with a picture, and a "My Story" section below it. I chose this template because its simple, nice to look at, and gives relevant information regarding who I am. To start it off, I will change the "Hello" section to be a short description of me.


So first, I made sure that the font I am using is Avenir, a serif font, as I want to create a modern feel to the page and website. I changed "Hello" into my full name, Charlie Goldfin, and made the text size 56px. Afterward, I deleted the short description, replacing it with two different sentences with size 24px, with one describing me as an Indonesian student studying in De Montfort in England, and the other one as "Aspiring filmmaker", which also shows who I am. I then uploaded my image to the website using Add Elements, Add Images, and then cropped it into a circle. Lastly, I added my own social media bar, with Blogger, Twitter, and Instagram.


Moving on, I began to write the "My Story" section. I will be writing the text in Microsoft Word first before moving it to the website. I will be using the Avenir font, with the title being bold and sized 38px, while making the description text 18px. In the first paragraph, I included my name and who I am. I gave details on my passions, my journey, and my dream. In the second paragraph, I gave details on what I am doing now and what I will be doing in the future as a filmmaker.



With the desktop version completed, I went to edit the mobile version. I first edited the first part of the website by adjusting the header to fit with the layout. After that, I reduced the size of the description to become 17 px. Then, I resized the social media bar to become smaller and put it on the middle.


In the next step, I began to edit the "My Story" section and the rest of the website's layout. I made the description text smaller to 12px while making the title 30px. After that, I made sure that the text is left-aligned and also made the section shorter in the bottom.


With that, my About page is finished. Please check out my website through this link: Charlie's Film Journal


Comments

  1. Great that you posted this Charlie. Good use of mobile view screenshots and it is good that you explained the technical process. Please also include your about me write up on the top of this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I have included my about me write up to the top of the post.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Website Research: Hirokazu Kore-eda and Dany Cooke

Website Creation: Gallery Page

Reflection: Moments of Sorrow