Major Project: Storyboard

In this post, I will detail the creation of my storyboard for my script on the theme of grief and loss.

This storyboard is based on the initial sketch I have made, which can be found in my previous post. Since I don't have a ruler, I created the boxes using a rectangular shaped material. I ended up using my Canon battery charger. I also drew the whole storyboard using pen as I don't have pencil and eraser.

The storyboard consists of 16 boxes, including one box that has two shots and another box that has three shots. In total, I drew 19 different shots based on the sketch. I divided the 16 boxes based on its story arc, so in the end there was four main boxes. The first one depicts shots mainly in arc one. The second has shots from arc one, but is transitioning to arc two. Then, the third box has only shots from arc two. Finally, the fourth box is mainly dominated by shots in arc three.

That said, arc one should be the beginning of the story, with arc two being the middle and arc three being its ending. As I drew the storyboard, I realized that while most stories have the start of the problem begin in arc two, I feel that the problem has already started way back in arc one, which is interesting. I also realized that to make the climax, I feel that the argument and talk in arc two to three between the characters has to have a tense mood and dialogue. Charlie is very good.


Comments

  1. Good that you posted this Charlie. In the development of your storyboard, consider having an action section - where you talk about the primary activity inside the shot and having voiceover notes. This will help you with the development of your script. Also include the frame numbers. You also need to post your storyboard research, as you must have done some research to draw this storyboard.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Website Research: Hirokazu Kore-eda and Dany Cooke

Website Creation: Gallery Page

Reflection: Moments of Sorrow