Free Project: Uploading to the Website

In this post, I will detail the process of uploading the podcast project to the website.

To begin with, I went to Canva to create the two designs for the podcast project. I clicked on the previous project's presentation and created two new slides. First, I used a picture of my setup as the background then adding a light brown color and dark blue box to separate the two titles. In the light brown box, I reduced the opacity to around 93%, added the podcast title "Recently Watched" with Bukhari Script font sized 166px, a film graphic as a border, and an audio graphic. Then, on the dark blue box, I reduced the opacity to 93% as well, added the episode title with Bukhari Script font sized 91px and my name with Kollektif font sized 48px, a podcast logo which is a mic, and the film graphic as the border. Lastly, I added a white line to separate the two boxes. On the other slide, I put the dark blue box over the picture background, reduced opacity to 93%, added two film graphics, camera graphic, audio graphic, and a mic setup graphic.


Moving on, I went to my website's Gallery page. I again copied a section of one my projects and put it below the third project (Four Aprils). I changed the number to four, the title to Recently Watched, the description, and the image by clicking on it and uploading the first design from Canva. Then, I duplicated one of the project's pages and made it a subpage to the Gallery page, naming it Recently Watched Podcast. Lastly, I changed the read more button's destination to the podcast page.


Moving on to the projects page, I changed the image on the right to the second design in Canva, and changed the details of the project (title, project type, date, and description) as well as coloring the column background red with white text. 


Then, to add the podcast to the page, I went to Spotify, clicked on my podcast's share button, and then "embed show." I chose a darker background color, normal size, and copied the embed link. Back to the website, I went to Add Elements > embed HTML where I clicked on the box and pasted the link. I then went to Add Elements > Socials and put a social media bar, in which I edited it to only contain the RSS logo with the RSS link to my podcast. I put the RSS logo below the Spotify logo and colored the section background blue. 


Onto the mobile view, I first went to the Gallery page, making sure that it looked fine by comparing it to the other project sections above it as well as centering some misplaced elements.  


Then, on the projects page, I corrected the texts position, while also adding a line to separate the episode title and the description of the project. Moving down, I pulled down the section while also pulling down the compressed html box, while also moving the RSS logo to the top left of the section.


After checking for any errors in the buttons or the podcast player, I have completed uploading the podcast project to my website. Click on this link to see my website: Charlie's Film Journal. Next post will be a reflection post on the project.

Comments

  1. Good that you have completed your projects and you have uploaded to your website please remember to add a final reflection post on this module considering what you did well and what you could improve

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Website Research: Hirokazu Kore-eda and Dany Cooke

Website Creation: Gallery Page

Reflection: Moments of Sorrow