Free Project: Process #1 - Pre-Production

In this post, I will detail the pre-production process of the Taiwanese New Wave podcast.

To begin with, I had already created a title for the podcast, which will be Recently Watched. I feel that in contrast to other film podcasts, this is a unique title as it doesn't use the conventions of "Cinema" or "Film" on the title, while also showing the purpose of the podcast, which mainly talks about films and cinema that I have recently came across.

Along with a title, I have also created a cover for the podcast using Canva. I created two versions of it, but decided to use the first one as the second one implies that I may have a guest with me, which I do not. Also, I liked the first one more as it shows more simple film equipment such as the chair, camera, film, and mic. Here are both covers:


After that, I created a script intended for less than five minutes long. The first section will be an introduction, the second about its general history, third about its production characteristics, fourth about examples and narrative characteristics, and the fifth as its conclusion. In the first section, I discuss about the podcast and what the episode will be about, which I estimate to be only 30 seconds long. Then, the second section, I talk about the general history of Taiwanese Cinema and how it led to its birth, which is estimated at around a minute. Then, I discuss the production values and characteristics such as shots, location, actors, and dialogue of the New Wave, which is also estimated at one minute. After that, I discuss about examples of New Wave films and the story they are telling, which may be one minute and twenty seconds. Then the last paragraph will be a conclusion piece about the New Wave now, its impact, how it relates to people, society, and film as an artform. This last paragraph may also last one minute and twenty seconds. Here is the script that I wrote down:


Moving on, I went to AV Loans to check for the equipment for the podcast. Based on the previous podcast technical research, I am looking for a mic, audio interface, headphones, stand, and XLR cable. With that, I looked on AV Loans and have decided on these five items. Some notable decisions I made here is when I used a more simpler AKG microphone, as the other one has multiple polar patterns, which is unnecessary for this podcast. I had originally thought about using the AKG headphones, however they weren't available and so I resorted with small Sennheiser headphones. 


Next up will be the production post in which I will set up the equipment that I rented and then record it in my room.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Website Research: Hirokazu Kore-eda and Dany Cooke

Website Creation: Gallery Page

Reflection: Moments of Sorrow