Free Project: Process #3 - Post-Production

In this post, I would like to detail the post-production process of the podcast that I made.

To begin with, I imported all of the WAV files into Premiere Pro and arranged it from the first to last paragraph. I also went to Youtube and searched for royalty free music, in which I ended up using this one from BreakingCopyright, a channel with over five hundred thousand subscribers: Youtube link. I downloaded it by copying the link and going to a youtube to mp3 converter. Moving on, I arranged all the audio in order in the first track, while also cutting the music into two sections (beginning and ending) on the second track.

Moving on, as I listen to the full recording of the first track, I write down which parts of the audio I should re-take. Then, after re-taking them through Audacity, I imported the WAV files and arranged them accordingly by cutting the previous section and adding the new one. I also changed the dB levels of some of the tracks, as some of the earlier recordings are too loud. I did this by grabbing the white line and pulling it down to the level I want to.

After that, I also went to the Audio section, in which I changed the volume levels of the first track to 3,7 dB, the second to 6,6 dB, and overall 6,0 dB. These are the settings in which my voice are not clipping and the audio sounds perfectly fine. Then, I went to Effects and did DeReverb and DeNoise on the first track, with very low percentage amount to make the recording sound better. Then, I added audio transitions such as exponential fade and constant gain in the second track. Lastly, I exported it as a WAV file, making sure that the sample rate is 44100 Hz.


With editing finished and the podcast file already made, I went to RSS.com to publish my podcast. Here, I uploaded my cover art, wrote down the title, show notes, and checked the link. With this, my podcast has been created in RSS.com.

Moving on to the first episode, I titled it as "The Taiwanese New Wave in 5 Minutes," while using the same art as the podcast, which many other podcasts do. I then write down a short description of the episode, the episode number, and selected a few keywords that best describes it. After all is done, I uploaded the first episode.



Moving on, instead of just RSS.com, I also decided to upload it to Spotify. First, I went to Spotify for Podcasters. There, I wrote down where the podcast is made, the primary language spoken in the podcast, who is the hosting provider (RSS.com), the primary category of the podcast, etc. Here is the page showing the creation of the podcast:



With the podcasts both published in RSS and Spotify, I would like to put it into my website, which will be on the next blog post. Here is the RSS link and the Spotify link.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Website Research: Hirokazu Kore-eda and Dany Cooke

Website Creation: Gallery Page

Reflection: Moments of Sorrow