Major Project: Finishing Act One and Two

In this post, I will detail the second part of my progress on my major project, which is to write a 10-15 page script with the theme of grief and loss. This post mainly focuses on finishing the first and second act, in which I've completed the script as far as 9 pages. 

In page 2 and 3, I added a new section involving Kate and Javi in the office. Compared to the first one, which only included Javi appearing in the scene and telling her that her work is rejected, this section includes a preview of  that scene, which is Javi giving the assignment to her. 



In page 4 to 6, I added back to back scenes of Kate struggling in the office and Jane struggling with her own emotions. Here, I put more emphasis as to why Kate's work got rejected, mainly because Javi distrust her because of her husband's death, preferring another worker's drawing. This points out how Kate herself has started to lose her drawing abilities. I also mentioned about what Kate's work is, which is about drawing. As for Jane,  I added a brief conversation between her and her new friends, involving what she feels about her father's death.



In page 6 to 7, I added a new section about Kate and Rebecca briefly talking about Kate's struggles in her office. Then, the conversation became heavy as Rebecca stated how George, the man whom Kate's husband saved, contacted her and wanted them to meet him.



In page 7 to 8, I added a scene in the bed. The high angle shot of the bed in this scene is the same as the scene before. In the scene, Kate and Jane's conversation mainly is about Jane's struggle to express what she feels about her Father's death and forgiving George. Here, there is a subtle implication to Kate asking Jane what she feels about forgiving George, which is that Kate wants to justify her negative feelings for George to her own child. 

The next scene after that involves an ambiguous scene of Kate in the office. It seems that she is frustrated about something. That said, I wanted to imply how she is frustrated between her work and about meeting George. I will be adding more into this scene later. From scene 8-9, I added a part of Jane and Kate visiting Rebecca's house, where Kate and Rebecca will meet George. I added a brief detail on why Rebecca accepted George's offer, which is because she wanted him to feel responsible and so that he remembers John. Lastly, I also added a part of Jane trying to express what she thinks and feels by drawing with crayons on a paper.



After finishing Act One and Two, the next post will be about writing Act Three and Resolution of the story, as well as revising Act One and Two.

Comments

  1. Good that you are documenting the process of writing your script.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Website Research: Hirokazu Kore-eda and Dany Cooke

Website Creation: Gallery Page

Reflection: Moments of Sorrow