Major Project: Act One and Two

In this post, I will detail the progress I've made on my project, which is a 10-15 page script on the theme of Grief and Loss. This progress post will detail the creation of the first and second act, in which I've finished four pages. I am using Writer Duet to write this script, and will be using tools such as scene, action, characters, dialogue, transition, and parenthetical tools on the top bar. 

I began with creating the title page. The title of this project for now remains as the theme, which is grief and loss. I prefer to decide the title's name after the script has reached the end.

In the first to second page, I included a part of the funeral. A preview of the characters and what they are feeling. It sets the tone of the script, in which most of its characters are grieving over the loss of someone. I also implied that George, a character that was saved by the one who died, is going to be important in the story. I also put detail into how Rebecca hates George, and Kate slightly, while Jane is lost in thought on how she should feel. 



In page 2 and 3, I added more about Jaen's struggles at work. It only includes Javi, her superior, telling her that her work has been rejected. I haven't put more emphasis on what her work is, and it felt a bit rushed, so I will add more into that scene. Page 3 also includes how Jane finds an interesting change as she leaves her house and finds new friends, which is about how life for her still continues despite grief.


In page 4, I mainly included Jane and Kate's usual routines. While Jane was quite okay, especially after meeting new friends, Kate was the polar opposite. She was putting a font, as she was feeling dreadful regarding her husband's death, George, and her inability to work like she used to. I also added on how these thoughts her impact her daily activities, from accidentally cutting herself, the fake smile that she shows, and how she harms herself through the fresh scars in her wrists.


In the next post, I will be finishing Act One and Two, as well as starting to write Act Three.

Comments

  1. Good that you are documenting the process of writing your script. Include any further summaries/ notes/ sketches you made during the scripting process, anything you changed too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I have included more details on what I did for each page.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Website Research: Hirokazu Kore-eda and Dany Cooke

Website Creation: Gallery Page

Reflection: Moments of Sorrow