UX Testing: Updating Website

After creating the UX Testing form and gained responses, I will be updating my website according to the response that I've received.

I first begin with opening my UX Testing form again to look at the responses. I looked at which aspect of the website I should update based on the additional feedback and areas of the response that are vastly more dominated by red (good), or has yellow (fair) in it.


First off, I will be updating the Gallery, as it gained a fair response as well as two responses about it on additional responses. The response stated that I should add more content while adding a title and topic to my projects. As such, I will be doing this as well as doing my projects page. This is what my Gallery page previously looked like in mobile view, which looked very empty:


I began with reviewing my Gallery page. Having realized that using Wix Projects as a gallery and portfolio page has drawbacks to its design, I decided to create a new Gallery page. I began with choosing a project template by going to Add Elements, Projects. I chose side by side because I think the picture and description are balanced.


Moving on, I changed the background of the strip on top to a picture in Unsplash. Then, I copied the description of the Gallery page from the previous page to the new one. After that, I deleted all the projects except for one, changed the image into my project's cover, changed the title into my project name, and then adding a new description on it.


Moving on, to create the project page, I created a general page and then made it a subpage. For the cover of this page, I changed the title from the template, added the project type and date, as well as writing a description of the story. I also changed the column background into my own image.


After that, I added my flipbook to showcase my work. To add this flipbook, I went to Yumpu, imported my script pdf into the program, copied its website link, went to Wix, chose Add Elements, Embeds, Website embeds, and then pasted the website link into the box. After that I enlarged it into the size of the page. With that done, I believe that I've added more content to my portfolio or gallery. You can check out a more in-depth progress of how I made this Gallery page in this blog post link: Website Creation: Updating the Website


Now, looking at one of the responses, I saw that the boxes text in the Contact Page should be made into the same size. Having tried that, I realized that this is inefficient because it makes people harder to read the overall message as they have to scroll. Because of that, I decided to stick with the same size.


Moving on, with majority of 70% stating that the mobile view is good, I decided that I can make some changes to the mobile view of the Gallery page, especially since the old Gallery has a bad design due to its small images by Wix Projects. Firstly, I put the title on front of the strip, changed it to white. Then, I changed the size of the description to 16px. Below it, I arranged the placement of the title, words, and numbers to be more organized.


In the project page,  I moved the title to the front of the column image. Then, I adjusted the size of the text. After that, I changed the size of the Yumpu flipbook to be fitting with the size. As stated, a more in-depth progress of this Gallery page is in this blog post link: Website Creation: Updating the Website


Considering that these are the more relevant feedback in my opinion, I have updated my website accordingly and have completed UX Testing.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Website Research: Hirokazu Kore-eda and Dany Cooke

Website Creation: Gallery Page

Reflection: Moments of Sorrow